Re: any idea if this works on Debian?

If it is seen as a 'usb-storage' device, it will, most likely, work. The
page does not detail...
One thing: 16MB flash internal for video? If this memory is unremovable, and the device can't accept newer and bigger modules, this camera is quite limited...
99.99% of cameras these days support usb masstorage mode.

In fact just about all these camera's are nearly identical. The 16 MB internal memory is either just an sd card that is integrated into the circuit, or more likely an mmc card (compatible, but cheeper). What happens is that this is seen by the device normally. However if a card in inserted into SD slot, the camera can no longer 'see' the internal memory and uses the external memory instead.

WARNING: I have the exact same camera, but it is packaged in a different form factor. I'm 100% certain the the camera is otherwise identical.

It may be 3 MP actual resolution which it can upgrade to 4 MP via interpolation, but even the 3 MP image quality is horrible. It is really the equivelent of a 1 MP camera.

The video is mepeg-4 but has some very nasty articfacts, and the actual image is tiny. It is something along the line of 128by64. It does support mass storage mode, and can be used as an SD card reader. I have not tried the voice recoding.