/root/.ssh/authorized_keys and command= entries

Debian user:

I am trying to figure out how to execute a shutdown on a Debian 3.0 machine
using "ssh root@<host> <command>" syntax, but don't want to allow root logins.

RTFM "man sshd_config" indicates that I need the following line in
/etc/ssh/sshd_config:

    PermitRootLogin forced-commands-only

Restarting sshd, the above configuration setting alone is insufficient.  STFW
"sshd_config forced-commands-only", it looks like the chosen command
(/sbin/shutdown, in my case) needs to be included in /root/.ssh/authorized_keys
somehow.  Does anybody know where the syntax is defined?

TIA,

David