Re: How to share env. variables ?

Andrew Nelson wrote:
On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 11:06:33 -0500
Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com> wrote:

Bruno Costacurta wrote:

Hello,

I setup some environment variables needed by applications in
user .bash files. Starting these applications from a console works
fine. But starting these applications from kde menus don't work as
obviously these user env.variables are not set. I suppose kde user
is different than logged user.
How to give kde / X11 same env.variables as logged user ?

I asked that question a while ago.
It appears e.g. that xterm uses /etc/profile and konsole does not.
How to change that behavior?

I don't use konsole but it appears this thread might help.

http://www.kde-forum.org/artikel/5064/Configuring-and-Customizing-Konsole.html

Andy:

Hot tip. I sourced /etc/profile to .bashrc. I was thinking of doing that earlier but the thread confirmed it.