Re: strange error apach2 + cgi error

On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 03:31:11AM -0700, Radhika wrote:

> Hi,

Hi,

>  I am migrating my webserver from apache1.3 to apache2.I am running apache2.0.54 on debian3.1

One of the differences between Apache 1.3 and Apache 2 in Debian is how
the module loading is defined.

In Apache2 you enable a module by adding a symlink to the
/etc/apache2/mods-enabled/ directory. The available modules are in the
/etc/apache2/mods-available/ directory.

You can use the /usr/sbin/update-apache2-modules to manage the modules.

>   One of my customer is reported the error message about the apache2 error
> whenever they try to access the .cgi page they are getting the following error.
>
>   Server error!
> The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.
> Error message:
> Premature end of script headers: search.cgi
> If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster
>
> I have checked the apache2 eeror.log file i am getting this error
>
> [Wed Oct 19 08:58:30 2005] [error] an unknown filter was not added: INCLUDES
>
>  Please help me which module is missing or problem
> Best Regards

You might be missing the include module. You could try to
cd /etc/apache2/mods-enabled
sudo ln -s ../mods-available/include.load ./
sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

>  Yahoo! Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free.

Simo
--
:r ~/.signature