Re: Writing technical text

Actually, there are a number of different wiki formats available on
different systems, and many of them allow a structured markup which
can be translated into a book form, and perhaps even into docbook/XML
or latex.

If you are not using lots of equations, Docbook/XML is a great file
format to use as an INTERMEDIATE format. It is not so much fun to
actually compose in, because many of the frequently used tags take too
much typing, even in a really nice XML editor.

Which is why I came up with "slacker's docbook" which readily
transforms into standard docbook, but also allows the use of HTML tags
editor makes docbook-development a much easier transition. I now
prefer it to latex.

Docbook/XML can also be converted to LaTEX (although the reverse is not true).