Re: Re: X.Org Hits Testing: Xorg synaptics touchpad problem?

Hi there,

after doing a "smart upgrade" using Synaptic (yes, I am talking about
the package manager GUI here... ;-), I can't get *any* mouse-like device
to work on my ThinkPad T42... I am using Debian unstable with X.org, and
neither the "nipple" nor the synaptics touchpad are responding any more.
As for the touchpad, The X.org log says

(EE) Synaptics Touchpad no synaptic touchpad detected and no repeater device
(EE) Synaptics Touchpad Unable to query/initialize Synaptics hardware
(EE) PreInit failed for input device "Synaptics Touchpad"

Any idea what might be wrong? I'd be more than happy if at least one
pointing device was functioning correctly. I actually prefer the
touchpad, but the nipple would be better than nothing...

Regards --

	Torsten