Re: [skype] X server and skype, that's a problem

Sound is very sensitive to temporal disturbance. Much more so than video. Hey, it's pressure changing over time. I imagine that almost certainly, if you can bump up the priority of the skype processes involved all should be fine. But I don't actually know any more than the theory.

nice is the command for changing process priority levels. "nice -n -100 skypeProcessId" should raise the priority as high as it will go in user mode. If you change to root you can raise it further but you'd obviously have to be careful not to give skype so high a priority that something critical doesn't get a chance at the processor. It might also be some other related process that's not getting enough attention.

I'm guessing, please someone correct me if I've got it all wrong.

Regards, Max