gnome doesnt start

hi

i am using debian sarge and nvidia audio and
video drivers. i am uisng gnome DE.
i was trying to make some changes in
/etc/apt/sources.list
and i dont know what happened but my user dir
'wood' which was under /home got deleted.
when i rebooted pc i got this message anfter i log in
in gdm display manager

(gnome-session:1430):libgnomevfs-WARNING**Unable to
create ~/.gnomedirectory: Permission denied

Could not create per user gnome configuration
directory
'/home/wood/.gnome/':Permission denied

can you tell me what could have happened. i am using
gdm display manager which seems to wotk fine.

thanx
wood

http://farechase.yahoo.com