Re: OT: Damaged harddisk and/or disk controller - ps

Thanks for the words of wisdom, Seeker!

On torsdag 20 oktober 2005, 11:32, Seeker5528 wrote:
> Using the Maxtor without it being paired to another drive is an easy
> test to do before getting into the things others have suggested that
> require additional parts or test equiptment.

Hmmmm, well, it isn't that easy... Since it happens on average just once
per month, and it has been several months since the last time I had
issues, I could easily run it for half a year, and wrongly conclude
that this was the cause...

Cheers,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo
Programmer / Astrophysicist / Ski-orienteer / Orienteer / Mountaineer