Re: cloning a system to another partition - what to change?

On 10:37 Wed 19 Oct     , SpamHog wrote:
> Thank you too Mike, but I have already tried several times with either
> GNU/Linuxspeak "/dev/hda6" or Grubspeak "(hd0,5)" so it must be
> someting else.
>
> Moreover,
>
> 1) Being the "boot" root and the "running" root one and the same, the
> second root specification should be redundant anyway.

On your second line, you must add "root=/dev/hdc6" in order to pass
this argument to the kernel as your new root file system.

It is a _kernel_ argument and _not_ a Grub argument.

Grub only reads the _first_ part of the second line, to find the kernel:

-->"kernel=/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.8-2-686"<--

All arguments after this part are passed only to the target kernel and
are not releated to Grub.