Re: cannot umount an vfat partition "kidnaped" by aMule

Hi,

Quoting Adam Porter <adam@alphapapa.net>:

> Have you tried "umount -l"?

That's a good idea, thank you. I read in the man that after umount -l
the partition isn't accesible from the fs, and it will actually be
unmounted when current references end.

In this way at least any other attempt to access to the partition won't
be successful, but, if possible, I'd prefer to know some way to kill the
application and/or force it to leave the partition inmediatly.

> You might also consider switching that partition to ext3; it might
> perform better and help with aMule's freezes.

Yes, I'd like it too but currently I need the partition as a storing
space also accessible from a Ms Windows system.

Thanks!

--Joaquín

Correo enviado mediante IMP
Departamento de Informatica y Sistemas
Universidad de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria