cannot umount an vfat partition "kidnaped" by aMule

Hi all,

When trying to access a FAT32 directory with aMule it gets frozen during
about 10 minutes.  In this period I cannot even umount the partition.

case a)

I just try to access my /alm directory from amule.  amule gets frozen 10
minutes and after it continues working normally and I can even use /alm
and its subdirs normally.

case b)

I try to access my /alm directory and it gets frozen.  As I do not want
to wait 10 minutes until it finishes playing with my hard disk, I try to
kill amule and/or umount /alm, but no luck:

herrmann:~# umount /alm
umount: /alm: device is busy
umount: /alm: device is busy
herrmann:~# fuser -vm /alm

                     USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
/alm                 me         4048 f....  amule
herrmann:~# fuser -k /alm
/alm:                 4048
No automatic removal. Please use  umount /alm
herrmann:~# kill 4048
herrmann:~# kill -9 4048
herrmann:~# umount -r /alm
umount: /dev/hda2 busy - remounted read-only
herrmann:~# umount -f /alm
umount2: Device or resource busy
umount: /alm: device is busy
umount2: Device or resource busy
umount: /alm: device is busy

(If I try with xkill, it closes the window, but the amule process
survives and my partition keeps kidnapped.)

10 minutes later, amule decides by its own it is time to bed: it gets
killed, and I can umount /alm

----

Some conf. details:
aMule 2.0.3
Debian Unstable

herrmann:~# uname -a
Linux herrmann 2.6.10.me-20050508b #1 Sun May 8 21:41:18 WEST 2005 i686
GNU/Linux

----

Any idea of what should I do in such a case?

Thank you a lot,

--Joaquín

P.S.: Please reply with a CC to this address, I am not subscribed to the
list.

Correo enviado mediante IMP
Departamento de Informatica y Sistemas
Universidad de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria