Re: Lucy & the Football

Antony Gelberg wrote:
> Adam Porter wrote:
>
>> ~/.mozilla-thunderbird.  You can drill down to more specific stuff if
>> you want.
>>
>> Really, you should consider something like Ubuntu, MEPIS, or Xandros.
>> It will take care of many of your problems off-the-bat.
>

> You seem to have a new standard answer i.e. advocating installation of
> other distros to solve minor problems that are easily solved within Debian.

Don't get me wrong, I love Debian, and I don't forsee using anything
else on my desktop for a long time.  But that doesn't mean I'm a zealot.
 Ubuntu (and MEPIS and Xandros) is a fine distro, especially for users
that are new to Linux.  For such a user, it may be better for them to
use a distro that comes with more things already setup, rather than have
to spend hours fixing lots of little things.  Then they can still tweak
away as much as they want.