Re: Thundermail and txt attachments

On 10/14/05, Jerome BENOIT <jgmbenoit@mailsnare.net> wrote:
> The main issue is that I have to be very polite with the correspondant:
> he uses Pine and believes that the LaTeX source is not attached because
> it is displayed. Period.

Being polite isn't the same thing as humoring a delusion.  You can
very politely say, "Actually, Pine's just trying to be helpful by
displaying a plain-text attachment directly, since most of the time
that's what the sender and receiver want, but it's really there as an
attached file.  If you hit <magic key combination> to get the list of
attachments, you should see it there."  It's not rude, or
disrespectful, or anything other than clearing up an easy to make
misconception.

Now, if you have to humor the delusions of your correspondant, that's
another matter.

--
Michael A. Marsh
http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~mmarsh