Re: Command line reference

The suggestions provided by others already are great and I don't mean to
beat a dead horse.  If you really want a straight up list for *your*
system, just `ls' /sbin, /bin, /usr/sbin, and /usr/bin.  Then you can
pop open man as something in the list interests you.

Secondly, as has been mentioned already, a Unix reference will likely be
of help.  It won't cover package management or configuring hardware,
because that is vendor and architecture specific.  Still, there is a lot
to chew on.  Even old Unix books that you can get at used book stores or
the library are a fun read.  I have one published in 1982 and the first
commands it mentions are `ed' and `troff'.  Just about everything in a
book published 25 years ago is applicable to Debian. You'll gain
exposure to technologies that have gone out of favor like UUCP.

Hope that helps,

-Jeff