Re: Audio player error (amarok)

When I use XMMS's ALSA driver, I get a message that
says:

"Couldn't open audio. Please check that: your
soundcard is configured properly, you have the correct
output plugin selected, and no other program is
blocking the soundcard."

...when attempting to playback.

Amarok has several engines to use: GStreamer, aRts,
and xine. GStreamer does nothing but generate errors.
aRts and xine appear to work (it ACTS like it is
playing), but there is no SOUND coming out. I have no
idea why.

When the sound stops coming out on playback with those
programs, Noatun will not allow any sound to be
produced either.

Strangely, certain "WAV" type sounds (like logout
sound) do seem to play even after this mess is
created.

Any ideas?

TIA

JRM

--- "a.list.address@gmail.com"
<a.list.address@gmail.com> wrote:

> I second the recommendation to switch to ALSA.  It
> may solve your
> problem by itself.  And Amarok does work with it.
> :)

Yahoo! Music Unlimited
http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/