Re: Command line reference

Hodgins Family wrote:
> Good afternoon!
>

>> Have you read the Debian Reference?  That's all shell-based.
>

> It can be found here:
> http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/reference.en.html#contents
>
> The document at this site has lots of useful info that I'm not
> (immediately) interested in. I have bokmarked it, though, for future
> reference.
> What I'm looking for is a site that simply lists the Debian commands
> that are available. Rather like those old hideous DOS cheatsheets that
> used to be around in the early '90s.

Hmm.  I have read subsequent posts in this thread.

You said you actually don't just want a list of commands, but a list
relating commands to different hardware (problems).  You also said that
searching man pages is not use if you don't know what to search for.
(Sorry for paraphrasing not quoting.)

Well, a list of commands is also useless if you don't know what to
search for.  You say that the DR has lots of info that you're not
interested in at the moment, which is fine, but what document _can_
predict what you're interested in?

You rightly say that lots of Linux books are not Debian-centric, but
have a look at "The Debian System".  I believe there is a PDF sample
chapter online somewhere.