Re: Semi-OT: need to fake keyboard and mouse...

On Sun, Oct 09, 2005 at 10:36:55AM -0400, George J. (Andy) Anderson wrote:
> Does anyone know it there is a (simple) way to "emulate" a keyboard?
> I've seen some commercial solutions but they are relatively expensive
> (more than $25).  I suspect a cheap KVM switch would do the trick, but
> that would also cost more than I'd like to spend and would be more
> cabling that could get in the way, etc.  Ideally, if there is a way
> to cut the connector off an old keyboard and modify it some way
> (cross a couple of the wires, add a resistor, etc) that would be
> great, but I don't want to experiment with it and chance frying the
> motherboard.  Any ideas?

i just took an old keyboard apart. the green board was quite small,
about 2 inches by 3 inches. then i wrapped the green board with the rest
of the keyboard cable and tied it up. now this thing just hangs off the
back of my computer. it keeps it off the floor, and there are no actual
keys upon which to step or set something on.

if i were going to get any fancier, i would just get a better computer.