Re: CONFIG_IP_ROUTE_FWMARK not working in Debian !

> # iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -s <LAN_IP> -j MARK --set-mark 5

I guess you should use the conntrack module. I'm not sure,
but I think you're marking only the first packet of the
connection.

I have something like this to mark them (different scenario... a load balancer
with 2 uplink providers):

iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -m conntrack --ctorigdst $IP1 \
   -p tcp -m tcp --dport 110 -j MARK --set-mark 1

> and I route them via ISP2
> # ip rule add fwmark 5 table isp2
> Does anyone have CONFIG_IP_ROUTE_FWMARK working in debian?

I do.

"ip rule add fwmark 1  table T1" works for me. Default sarge kernel.

--
Homepage : http://geocities.com/arhuaco

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself
and you are the easiest person to fool.
     -- Richard Feynman.