CONFIG_IP_ROUTE_FWMARK not working in Debian !

hello,

I tried to post the topic on many groups.. with no answer.
I would like to use "ip rule add fwmark" and I think it's just not
working in debian.

---- system
debian testing from 2005-10-07
kernel 2.6.12-1-386
iproute2 from apt-get, ss041019
iptables from apt-get, 1.3.3

---- problem
I have 3 eth interfaces:
eth0 LAN
eth1 ISP1 (default)
eth2 ISP2

I mark packets from a specific LAN IP
# iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -s <LAN_IP> -j MARK --set-mark 5

and I route them via ISP2
# ip rule add fwmark 5 table isp2

No errors. No internet access on <LAN_IP>.

I've noticed that if the gateway I want to route packets through by "ip
rule add fwmark" is different than default gateway they are dropped.

---- tried solutions
I've downloaded vanilla kernel 2.4 as well as 2.6 from kernel.org and
compiled it selecting previously all needed options.
I've compiled iproute2 and iptables..
No result. Problem is no different.

---- some info
CONFIG_IP_MULTIPLE_TABLES = policy routing = "ip rule add from"
works perfectly OK.

I have on the same server Slackware Linux installed. Earlier there was
Aurox Linux and on both systems there is no such problem.

I've also tried sarge when it was testing and woody. Always problem is
the same.

----

Does anyone have CONFIG_IP_ROUTE_FWMARK working in debian?

--
Tomek