Re: Debian Compatable UPS?

On Sun, 09 Oct 2005, Colin wrote:
> Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> >Actually, I suggest trying MGE UPSes, they are DFSG-friendly to the point
> >of
> >supporting the development of DFSG UPS-monitor software (nut), and I could
> >not find a single complaint against their hardware through google...
>
> You probably haven't many complaints about them because not enough
> people have bought them.  Generally, the more popular the item, the more
> complaints you'll hear.

That would explain the bad mounthing APC's lower-end models get, I suppose.
They might be that bad, but the lower-end modules of most other vendors
could be just as bad and still get less complaints.

That said, I have done a search on APC's lower-end models, and I would steer
clear from them just like Alvin said.  But I have already made my point that
I would steer clear from *any* low­end model from *any* manufacturer.

  Henrique Holschuh