Re: Debian Compatable UPS?

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
Alvin Oga wrote:

imho, apc is probably the worst consumer grade ups there is ...

If a APC SmartUPS XL (1kVA) is consumer grade, then it is expensive alright.
I have heard bad things about APC, but it probably applies only to their
el-cheapo product lines.

	- they have lots of $$$ to do marketing/sales because
	you have to buy new ones every 6mon-year or new batteries

Well, my SmartUPS XL is on production for more than one year so far.  The
AVR works wonderfully (my main is a bit high, at ~125V so the AVR is
*always* on), too.  It sustains the current load I placed on it for > 1h,
and plays by the book, shutting the load down cleanly and powering it up
cleanly later.

Did you buy a replacement battery when you bought the unit?