LG Laptop LW20-CDMV

Hello everybody.

I recently received my new laptop of choice, an LG LW20-CDMV. It's a nice machine with some great features (http://tinyurl.com/8k32d leads to the product sheet). Problem is, Debian won't play nicely with it - at all. Using the latest and greatest ISO's (both testing and stable) it won't detect the NIC nor the hard drive leaving my in a pile of ***t.

Google gave me a couple of pages describing the install process for the LW60-model(s) but appearently the hardware in my LW20 must differ quite a lot as none of the tips listed there helped. Oddly enough, OpenSUSE works like a charm and detects both NIC, WLAN-card and the drive. So, what's missing in the Debian installer?

According LG, the LW20 is running on an Intel 915GM (ICH-6M) Sonoma chipset with a P-ATA hard drive. The undetected NIC is a Marvel Yukon (88E8053) PCI-E adaptor.

I'd love to get some pointers on how to install Debian on this machine as I'm now stuck with Windows (and SUSE's not my bag)...

Thanks!

/didde.