Re: How to completely reinstall a package?

On Fri, Oct 07, 2005 at 04:47:55PM -0500, Tim N9PUZ wrote:
Steve Block wrote:

Running dpkg-reconfigure <package_name>
will take you through the configuration stuff again. As far as missing
programs such as startx goes, I am unsure.

dpkg-reconfigure x-window-system didn't do anything obvious. Reading the man page I suspect the window system isn't one that's configured by dpkg.

If you are configuring something like monitor settings, I believe the
package that actually has the settings is the X server itself. For
sarge, xserver-xfree86. x-window-system is a dependency package, if i
recall correctly, that gets a bunch of other packages installed to make
it easier to set up an X system.

I'm taking this all from memory right now, becase I don't have an X
enabled system handy (I'm on windows at work at the moment).

--
Steve Block
http://ev-15.com/