Re: preferred method of using imap/mutt

On (05/10/05 16:52), Cameron Matheson wrote:
> I've been using mutt happily w/ my POP email account for a good long
> while now, but i'm switching over to an IMAP server.  I've been using
> thunderbird (which is cool, but it's eating up sooo much RAM), and i
> would like to go back to mutt.  Reading through the muttrc manpage, it
> seems that mutt has IMAP functionality built in, but i could not get a
> clear picture of whether or not it will do what i want.  This is what i
> would like to happen:
>
> 1. mutt opens up the mail on the imap server
> 2. mutt filters the mail into folders based on certian rules (mailing
> lists, etc.)
> 3. mutt keeps all mail on server
>
> w/ the POP of course i had to download the mail, so i used procmail for
> the filtering.  Is what i'm wanting to do even possible (i know it is w/
> thunderbird, etc.).  How are the folks on this list doing it?

I can't help with the filtering; I receive everything into my inbox ;)

but here's the extract from my .muttrc dealing with the IMAP mailboxes:

set folder=imap://<imap_server>
set spoolfile=imap://<imap_server>
set mbox_type="Maildir"
set copy=yes
set record=+sent-mail

'c' '=' will take you to the folders on the imap server

HTH
--
www.clivemenzies.co.uk ...
...strategies for business