Re: preferred method of using imap/mutt

Quoting Cameron Matheson <cameron.matheson@fjcomm.com>:

2. mutt filters the mail into folders based on certian rules (mailing lists, etc.)
3. mutt keeps all mail on server

w/ the POP of course i had to download the mail, so i used procmail for the filtering. Is what i'm wanting to do even possible (i know it is w/ thunderbird, etc.). How are the folks on this list doing it?

The other things you want to do are easy and others will certainly comment on
how to accomplish them.  I want to point out that step 2 should not be handled
by mutt.  If you are the admin of the server, or you can convince the admin of
the server to it, install a suitable filtering program server side.  The nice
thing about that is then you can connect with any IMAP client and they will all se the mail pre-filtered. If the server is running Cyrus IMAP, consider setting up Seive. If not, then procmail, mailfilter or maildrop will certainly suffice.
Personally, I like maildrop, but they are all similar enough.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~roberto