Re: EXIM Anyone can help me ?

On tirsdag 04 oktober 2005, 22:08, Sylvain MARTINS wrote:
> I want to send mails from my network using my debian box and it's ok
> if the recipient is local but not if recipient is non local :(
>
> i just want to authorize any hosts on my network to send mails all
> over the world as they can do from webmail on debian box...

Right.

Hmmm, well, for one thing, you appear to be running exim version 3. I
find it strange that it is included in Debian at all, because the
developers has discouraged people from using it for at least a year.

However, you might get away with installing
exim4-daemon-light

Furthermore, the thing you probably want is SMTP AUTH. That's supported
by Exim. Exim 3 had it, but I never got it to work, but with Exim 4, it
just worked, rather magically... Problem is, I can't explain to you how
I did it, because it just suddenly worked, I don't quite know what I
did... But it involves setting a file with passwords and stuff. Once
you have Exim 4 installed, you could look in
/etc/exim4/conf.d/auth/30_exim4-config_examples
I think that's it. But takes some work, good luck! :-)

Best,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo
Programmer / Astrophysicist / Ski-orienteer / Orienteer / Mountaineer