Re: EXIM Anyone can help me ?

On Tue, 2005-10-04 at 23:53 +0200, Kjetil Kjernsmo wrote:
> On tirsdag 04 oktober 2005, 22:08, Sylvain MARTINS wrote:
> > I want to send mails from my network using my debian box and it's ok
> > if the recipient is local but not if recipient is non local :(
> >
> > i just want to authorize any hosts on my network to send mails all
> > over the world as they can do from webmail on debian box...
>
> Right.
>
> Hmmm, well, for one thing, you appear to be running exim version 3. I
> find it strange that it is included in Debian at all, because the
> developers has discouraged people from using it for at least a year.

This box was probably upgraded from woody, in which case it would still
be running exim3. There was no smooth and fully automated upgrade from
exim 3 to 4, so exim3 was also included in sarge. That's my
understanding anyway.

> However, you might get away with installing
> exim4-daemon-light

exim4-daemon-heavy if you want to use any of the the fancier features of
exim 4.x

-davidc

--
gpg-key: http://www.zettazebra.com/files/key.gpg