Re: MySQL Error

Can you connect to the mysql from localhost?
If so connect as root/admin and do the following:
mysql>use mysql;
mysql>insert into user (host,user,password) values ('%','<username>',password('some_password');
mysql>flush privileges;

I think that will do the trick...

Meni

On 10/4/05, Brett <bml@bookcellar.com.au> wrote:
On Tue, 2005-10-04 at 03:10, Nelson Castillo wrote:
> > MySQL Error Nr. 1130
> > Host '192.168.0.170' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server
>
> > suggest a solution?
>
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=mysql+1130&btnG=Search

And in reply to the grandparent email (which I seem to have lost):

There was a mysql security update recently. If, during that update you
allowed apt to overwrite your changes to your /etc/mysql/my.cnf file,
mysql may not have it's network support enabled (disabled by default).
Might be worth a check :-)

HTH,
Brett