MySQL Error

All,

I am no longer able to connect to mysql on debian stable from an
different machine on the same network.  I have the bind-address line
commented out of /etc/mysql/my.cnf and have restarted mysql.  A few
days ago, this was all I needed to do in order to connect.  Now, when
I run nmap it says the mysql port is open but when I try to connect
from mysql-admin from a different machine, it gives the following
error:

MySQL Error Nr. 1130
Host '192.168.0.170' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server

Running mysql on the server machine will connect so I know the process
is running however, I need to provide remote admin features from time
to time.  Both server and client machines are totally up to date on
debian stable. Has anyone else experienced this problem?  Can someone
suggest a solution?

Thanks,
Chris Bozic