[SOLVED] Re: unable to install from CD: failure to mount once kernel installed
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: [SOLVED] Re: unable to install from CD: failure to mount once kernel installed
- From: Chris Bannister <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 22:03:06 +1200
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20051001100306.GG3017@kan>
- In-reply-to: <MHEGIFHMACFNNIMMBACAKEABKHAA.sethg@GoodmanAssociates.com>
- References: <4333DF32.firstname.lastname@example.org> <MHEGIFHMACFNNIMMBACAKEABKHAA.sethg@GoodmanAssociates.com>
On Fri, Sep 23, 2005 at 02:45:44PM -0500, Seth Goodman wrote:
> > From: Wackojacko [mailto:email@example.com]
> > Sent: Friday, September 23, 2005 5:56 AM
> > Googling this error (google is always your friend :) ) suggested that
> > - you may want to turn DMA off for the drive ' hdparm -d0 /dev/hdc'.
> > May need to install 'hdparm' first.
> Ah, thanks for both the suggestion and the method. Mike McCarty privately
> suggested that I disable DMA for this drive, but I couldn't do it from BIOS
> and was unaware of this system utility. Thank you very much for bearing
> with me. This seems to fix the problem! It also uncovered another minor
> bug, but at least the system is usable.
Ahh, it is [SOLVED]. The subject now reflects that.
Reproduction if desired may be handled locally. -- rfc3