Re: backup plan for home server

On 01/10/05, Bogdan Calmac <bc4all@verizon.net> wrote:
> Scenario 1:
>   - configure the two drives for software RAID
>   - weekly backup of unreproducible data (such as pictures) to the network
> (tar or rsync?)

I don't have any experience with RAID, but I have been using backuppc
for managing backups for over the last year at my company and it works
great.  Generally it is set up to use rsync for backing up a linux
machine and then compress the backup files.

The main benefit for you of backuppc would be that it allows for
multiple snapshots of whatever you back up, hourly if you want.

I'm sure other programs offer similar functionality.

--
Take care, eh.
Chris