Re: compiling non-initrd 2.6 kernel?

   Hi Jan and all,
Last try still didn´t work. I have support for ide disk and reiserfs definately built-in. The new information is that, a bit before the panic message, I could see the kernel detecting my ide devices, with some 'hda:', 'hdc:' and 'hdd:' output, which makes believe the problem lies elsewhere, besides ide support. Unless the whole thing is more complex than just that. The panic says 'unable to mount root fs, please append the correct boot option 'root='...'. Then I append 'root=/dev/hda2' but no difference (this is lilo bootloader, by the way).
What do you guys think?

Jan Schledermann wrote:

Bruno Buys wrote:
<snip>
Hi, Matt,
I'm booting of an ide disk. Nelson castillo remembered me to add support
to it as built-in. I checked my .config and yes, the drivers were
modules. So, I'm compiling again.
More news to come...
thanks Matt, William and Nelson.

Which filesystem do you use? Check if your file system wasn't compiled as a
module rather than into the kernel itself.

Best regards
Jan