Re: compiling non-initrd 2.6 kernel?

Matt Price wrote:

On 9/28/05, William Ballard <nospam_50916@alltel.net> wrote:
On Wed, Sep 28, 2005 at 10:05:05PM -0300, Bruno Buys wrote:
When booting, kernel panic tells me unable to mount root fs (which is
reiser 3.6). I'm positive I compiled support inside the kernel for it.
Other than that, I can't see where else I can try to tweak...
Any help?

you're not by chance booting of a SCSI disk are you?  I've had that
problem lots of times...
matt

Hi, Matt,
I'm booting of an ide disk. Nelson castillo remembered me to add support to it as built-in. I checked my .config and yes, the drivers were modules. So, I'm compiling again.
More news to come...
thanks Matt, William and Nelson.