Re: Someone is breaking etch (testing)?

On Monday 26 September 2005 10:37, Carl Fink wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 25, 2005 at 10:15:51PM -0700, Marc Wilson wrote:
> > Gee, what about by just NOT upgrading the box TODAY?  Oh, that's right...
> > people die or something if they don't update the installed packages every
> > twenty-four hours.
>
> Marc, how can people know which 24 hours to skip?
> --
> Carl Fink                                         carl@fink.to
> If you attempt to fix something that isn't broken, it will be.
>         -Bruce Tognazzini

It is also surprising that KDE is being offered to testing given that
one of two major packages have not completed the transition yet,
and with no answers anywhere that I have seen to to why and when
they might appear in unstable.  The packages being KOffice (all of it)
and KdeBindings (or at least the Java bit).  There may be others that
I do not use, but without KOffice in particular it does seem odd that
3.4.2 should move into testing.

David