Re: GRUB bootloader issue

I tried that and it seemed to work. When I ran
'grub-install /dev/hda5' it reported 'no errors' and
seemed to execute successfully. However, upon reboot,
I am back to XP bootup. Is there another step that I
need to include?

Steps so far:

1. Boot up with live CD (Knoppix)
2. Activate shell and go root
3. Mount /dev/hda5 as /mnt/hda5
4. chroot /mnt/hda5 /bin/bash
5. grub-install /dev/hda5

Thanks for any input.

Note: hda5 is actually a Mandrake partition. hdb2 and
other hdb(x) Linux is Debian. But I realize, to get
this to work, it will somehow involve grub-install
hda(x).