Re: Gnumeric doesn't work in Testing (for me)...

James Vahn wrote:
> Eric P wrote:
>
>>I'm running testing, recently upgraded all packages to be upgraded
>>(Gnome 2.10 and Xorg were the biggies), and Gnumeric no longer starts
>>anymore.
>>
>>Here's what I get:
>>$ gnumeric
>>gnumeric: symbol lookup error: gnumeric: undefined symbol: cell_formats
>>
>>Anyone else have this problem?
>

> Yup. Thanks for pointing it out, I'd not want to find out the hard way.
> Try "wajig install/unstable gnumeric" and see if that works.
>
>   Version table:
>      1.5.90-1 0
>          50 ftp://ftp.us.debian.org unstable/main Packages
>  *** 1.5.1-1 0
>         990 ftp://ftp.us.debian.org testing/main Packages

Thanks for the tip.

However, can you clue me into wajig?
It just reinstalled 1.5.1-1 when I the wajig line up there.

I tried putting the following in sources.list:
deb ftp://ftp.us.debian.org unstable/main Packages

But that didn't work, and gave the following errors on apt-get update:
Err ftp://ftp.us.debian.org unstable/main/Packages Packages
  Unable to fetch file, server said 'Failed to open file.  ' [IP:
128.101.80.133 21]
Ign ftp://ftp.us.debian.org unstable/main/Packages Release
---

I think I'm missing something here.
Thanks,
Eric P