Re: WiFi on Toshiba Sattelite A70 Atheros 5004X

The first use of make-kpkg in the marlow.dk howto simply sets up the
.config file to match the binary installed kernel that you are running.

The second use appends the new modules (in this case madwifi) to the
the existing kernel by building a madwifi-modules deb file you can
install.

So although you do need to install the linux-source (or kernel-source
pre 2.6.12) package, you do not have to go through a complete build
and you will end up running the same binary kernel you are running
now with the addition of a few modules.

Alright. Let me ask this:

I managed last night to get my WiFi working with ndiswrapper (brielfy). So, I know that that works. But, it seemed to be really slow.

Which is better: MADWiFi or ndiswrapper; and why?

Thank you kindly in advance.

--
—A watched bread-crumb never boils.
—My hover-craft is full of eels.