Re: Newbie wants Firefox and Tbird

Fritz Brown wrote:
>>Please read the Debian Reference.  One of the main reasons to use Debian
>>is to use software packaged from Debian repositories rather than
>>downloading generic binaries and source.
>>

> Which may explain why I am having trouble understanding how to install Opera.  I got a .deb of the latest version, and am trying to follow the instructions on various websites concerning dpkg, and I keep getting messages that I make it appear I am not using the proper attributes....

Best thing to do is to paste the errors that you are getting in a
message to the list (if you haven't already).  That makes it easiest for
people to help you.

> And, yes, I am trying to read the Debian reference, etc.  It ain't easy, but I will get through it.

We are improving the Reference.  I'm sure that if you have any comments
to make, we would like to hear them, and perhaps you could file a
wishlist bug.