Re: converting CHM files

Bob Vloon on 21/09/05 19:10, wrote:
Hi Robert,

RDC> I have been working on this for longer than I think I should have.  I
RDC> have some CHM files that I need to convert for 'reading'.  I would use
RDC> [x|g|k]chm but I am blind and need to get them into a text buffer or w3m
RDC> under emacs.

The chmlib-bin package contains the program "extract_chmLib" that extracts
a chm-file into a directory. It doesn't look to fancy to me (it fails to
produce some sort of an "index.html"), but it might be enough?

RDC> Traceback (most recent call last):
RDC>   File "/usr/bin/archmage", line 8, in ?
RDC>     from CHM import *
RDC> ImportError: No module named CHM

Is there a file named "CHM.pm" somewhere on your system? If so, make sure the
environment variable "PYTHONPATH" points to the directory in which it is
located (if it is in a directory different from the standard path - issue the
command 'man python' to find out more about Python's environment).

Also you could try xchm to view them.