Re: Help with Defoma (Installing Hindi fonts in Debian)

Hello

Saurabh Nanda (<saurabhnanda@gmail.com>) wrote:

> I've downloaded Akshar.ttf (unicode hindi font) and want to install it
> 'system-wide', i.e. all applications installed on the system should be
> able to use it.
> [...]
> I read through the manpage of defoma-font and figured out that a 'font
> hint' was required. This is what I did:
>
> #defoma-hints truetype Akshar.ttf
> Wait for second...
> defoma-hints Can't locate FreeType.pm in @INC (@INC contains:

You need the FreeType perl module. Go to http://packages.debian.org,
use the search form at the bottom of the page, and enter "Freetype.pm".
The result will tell you which package to install.

After installing the package you need to rerun defoma-hints (redirect
the output to your hints file in /etc/defoma/hints). Check the
resulting file. If everything looks okay, run defoma-reconfigure to
apply the new configuration file.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674 ICQ #17079270