RE: Debian on AMD64?

Hello,

Yeah, i just installed a couple month ago debian-2.6.8-amd64. It looks pretty stable (at least, didn’t have anything to complain about).

The install with boot cd was pretty easy (didn’t have to do that much). I have amd64 3000+ with sata drive, everything was detected and installed successfully.

Once you have installed you can use some apt servers for amd64 packages just by running apt-setup, you’ll get a list of available servers.

I had to recompile my kernel to remove all the modules I didn’t want (usb, sound, video, etc.) and used the scsi sata lib wich works pretty good.

I’m pretty happy about everything.

This is where I started from : http://www.debian.org/News/2005/20050811 and just downloaded debian-31r0a-amd64-binary-1.iso  for boot cd install.

Cheers,

Mico