From: L.V.Gandhi [mailto:lvgandhi@gmail.com]
Sent: mercredi 21 septembre 2005 8:49
To: Robert Storey
Cc: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: reusing deb files

On 9/21/05, Robert Storey <y2kbug@ms25.hinet.net> wrote:

I'm wondering if there is a way that I can "reuse" deb files on another
machine. Let me explain more clearly:

If, for example, I do "apt-get install mmv", the package
mmv_1.01b-12.2_i386.deb will be downloaded into
directory /var/cache/apt/archives/ and then installed.

Very much possible and easier. I do it. Please go through the faq for apt.

--
L.V.Gandhi
http://lvgandhi.tripod.com/