Re: Downloading ISO image using BitTorrent, confused

On 9/20/05, Nelson Castillo <nelsoneci@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/20/05, Fritz <intrader@aol.com> wrote:
> (cut)
> > > $ btdownloadcurses --url \
> > > http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/3.1_r0a/i386/bt-cd/debian-31r0a-i386-binary-1.iso.torrent
> (cut)
> > So, the other files 2-14 are to be ignored?
> > What are those files?
>
> Each of them will allow you to download a different
> CD. How many do you need? It depends. If you
> have a permanent fast network connection,
> you might only need the first one.
>
> You might want to download more CDs because
> with bittorrent you will not congest Debian servers
> when you download them. If you want to download
> most of the Debian OS (without sources), I guess
> 5 or 6 CDs will do. Again, it depends...
>
> --
> Homepage : http://geocities.com/arhuaco
>
> The first principle is that you must not fool yourself
> and you are the easiest person to fool.
>      -- Richard Feynman.

bittorrent and bittorrent-gui are also available.  However, I'm
wondering why not using jigdo.  It's supposed to be the preferred
method to download debian iso's, and it doesn't congest the servers
either.  The mechanism is a bit different since the packages are
separately downloaded, but it's kind of cool also.

--
Javier-Elias Vasquez-Vivas