Re: Downloading ISO image using BitTorrent, confused

On 9/20/05, Fritz <intrader@aol.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-09-20 at 18:22 -0500, Nelson Castillo wrote:
> > On 9/20/05, Fritz <intrader@aol.com> wrote:
> > > I click on I386 on the bit torren debian page.
> > > I see a list of files, none two large.
> > > What do I need to do next?
(cut)
> > $ btdownloadcurses --url \
> > http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/3.1_r0a/i386/bt-cd/debian-31r0a-i386-binary-1.iso.torrent
(cut)
> So, the other files 2-14 are to be ignored?
> What are those files?

Each of them will allow you to download a different
CD. How many do you need? It depends. If you
have a permanent fast network connection,
you might only need the first one.

You might want to download more CDs because
with bittorrent you will not congest Debian servers
when you download them. If you want to download
most of the Debian OS (without sources), I guess
5 or 6 CDs will do. Again, it depends...

--
Homepage : http://geocities.com/arhuaco

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself
and you are the easiest person to fool.
     -- Richard Feynman.