Used Laptop Reccomendations for Sarge

Hi, all,

Thinking about getting a used laptop and loading sarge into it.  I was
wondering what specs I need to look for (or, actually getting models to
look for.)  What kind of memory, disk size, and processor do I need (or,
wont work on sarge.)

Also, I want to be able to dial into the internet through a regular phone
line when away from home.  This would be a primary purpose for getting it
for me.  I remember when I first came to linux, it was a big deal for me to
replace my old winmodem with a full modem, which at the time cost me $200
at compusa.  Will I have similar problems with a laptop, and if so how does
somebody replace a laptop's modem?

Thanks for any help/advice you can think of,
---
Scotty