Re: Apache2: httpd.conf or apache2.conf?

Jared Hall wrote:

PS  I don't see why people who want more organization could have just
done all this on their own without all that fancy reprogramming Debian
did.  Perhaps these changes to httpd configuration actually make httpd
run more efficiently (less information being included at certain
times)? code consolidation = efficiency.
I agree. Right now apache is compiled to use apache2.conf as the config file, and then apache2.conf has a line to include httpd.conf. Why couldn't httpd.conf have just had a line at the top to include apache2.conf?