Re: UPS recommendations?

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> Hi Debian!
>
> I live in rural Mexico and we get frequent power outages.
> Yesterday's creamed my voltage regulator and the power supply. Got to
> bite the bullet.
>
> I would like a UPS that warns me when power starts fluctuating and then
> shuts down the system. Debian of course, Sarge now.

Then get an APC one.  I have two of them for my systems (LS 500, CS 500)
and they've been working great.  The best part is the linux software you
need is already part of Debian.  The package is called "apcupsd".  It will
shutdown you system gracefully if the batteries run out of power.  Also, it
will send you emails whenever the power goes out and gets restored.