Re: UPS recommendations?

On lørdag 17 september 2005, 17:01, Colin wrote:
> Then get an APC one.  I have two of them for my systems (LS 500, CS
> 500) and they've been working great.  The best part is the linux
> software you need is already part of Debian.  The package is called
> "apcupsd".

That's pretty neat!

Since it is brought up, does anybody have experience with Inform UPS
Guard: http://www.informups.com/pages/prod/guard.html
They are really cheap here (cheapest I can see), and I've heard they are
quite straightforward to get working under Linux.

Also, does anybody have experience with the internal UPSes and PSU here:
http://ups2.com/
If I was building a new system, I'd really want one of those.... I
wonder why it isn't fairly "standard". Probably because for the
dominant OS power outages aren't the only reason for downtime... :-)

Cheers,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo
Programmer / Astrophysicist / Ski-orienteer / Orienteer / Mountaineer