Re: Overwhelmed newbie

On fredag 16 september 2005, 14:20, Fritz Brown wrote:
> Help!  I have recently begun an attempt to install Debian on a Sony
> laptop (Mobile AMD K6-2 550MHz, 64MB RAM), and am thoroughly
> overwhelmed with choices about which I know nothing!

Yeah, I can really see that. It is huge, and not easy to gain an
overview of. Others mention Sarge, the 3.1 version, and yeah, I
wouldn't install Woody, for a desktop, it was allready outdated when it
was released.

But in fact, I would rather suggest you install Ubuntu, which is not
Debian, but based on Debian. Have a look at http://www.ubuntulinux.org/
They'll send you a free CD too!

Cheers,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo
Programmer / Astrophysicist / Ski-orienteer / Orienteer / Mountaineer